Before the debate begins:
- Please turn off the automatic standby-mode on your tablet/smartphone. You will find this option in your settings
- Android: My device → Lock screen
- iPhone : General → Auto-lock
- Windows Phone: Lock screen → Screen lock
- Please do not use the standard Android browser. Use Chrome instead.
- Some iPhones might not display the Debat-O-Meter correctly. In this case, please use Chrome instead of Safari.
- Fullscreen mode might not work on some iPhones and/or iPads. In this case, add the Debat-O-Meter website as a bookmark to your home screen and re-open it from there.
The Debat-O-Meter screen
Please note the following:
- The Debat-O-Meter records your ratings exact to the second. For each second, only one rating is recorded.
- If you would like to communicate a response over a longer phase, you can push the button multiple times. The Debat-O-Meter will record no more than one rating per second.
- Why you rate a candidate and what exactly you consider good or bad is left entirely to you.
- If no button gets pressed, no data gets transmitted, which will be interpreted as a “neutral” rating.
- Please do not use the device when the host is speaking.
- Please do not use other services such as Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter during the debate as they may be distracting.
- Your evaluations will be kept confidential and they will only be analyzed anonymously.
- Enjoy the debate!